- Check that the R/3System is up –> Log onto the R/3 System
- Check that daily backup executed without errors –> DB12 Check database backup from DB02 or another backup tool.
- Log backup –> Log backup is completing successfully and adequate log area is there.
- Network Issue –> verify there is any network issue which causing connection/performance issue.
SAP System checks:
- Check that all application servers are up –> by logging at OS level through MMC or sapcontrol command and from within SAP check that all servers are up through SM51.
- Check work processes (started from SM51) –> All work processes with a “running” or a “waiting” status though SM50 tcode.
- Global Work Process overview –> check whether all workprocess is occupied in system and whether maximum wp action on same table/program or any wp is on hold.
- Look for any updates –> check for update in SM13 whether any update is hung/running since long time in system.
- Check system log –> check the log in SM21, any error log is there related to issue.
- Review for SM37 jobs –> check if any job is running since long time and continually getting failed. Also verify if any all standard housekeeping job is running and successfully completing in system.
- Check for “old” locks –> check for old SM12 lock entry and take the respective action on it.
- Check for spool problems –> check for spool jobs that have been “In process” for over an hour r spool WP is stuck through SM66.
- Review and resolve dumps –> Look for an excessive number of dumps. Look for dumps of an unusual nature in ST22 tcode.
- Review buffer statistics –> Look for swaps memory through ST02 tcode and check if need of any buffer tuning.
- Review error log for problems –> check various error log under tcode ST04
- Review high locking query/program –> check if any query or program is consuming lots of lock and commit statement from ST04 or DB level.
- SQL lock –> Check if any SQL lock is stuck or running since long time.
- Reorg and stats at DB level –> Check if DB stats for all table is ran successfully and up to date. In some case noticed that due to outdated stats many programs took much longer time than usual to complete from DB13 or DB level.
- Database Growth & Missing Indexes –> If tablespace is used more than 90 % add new data file to it Rebuild the Missing Indexes from DB02 or at DB level.
- Review SQL Profile –> Keep updating all updated SQL profile for program at DB level.
- Check DB01 –> make sure there is no database lock entry present in db01
- Expensive statement –>Check the expensive SQL statement n db02
- Check in ST03n tcode –> Check the response time for that user and also check for which report the response time is higher and take the action accordingly
OS level check:
- Check I/O input utilization for all server at OS level.
- Check CPU & memory utilization at OS level for all server.
- Check if any anti-virus can be running at that time on /usr/sap and /sapmnt/ directory at OS level.
- Check for space of all file system at OS level.