The SAP Data Services service (AL_JobService) is a daemon associated with $LINK_DIR that starts locally configured Job Servers and Access Servers and then monitors them and attempts to restart them if they are not running.
Below is the sequence to start/stop Job Services on Linux/Unix servers.
1. Run the Server Manager.
*Note The second command sets required environment variables($LINK_DIR) before ./svrcfg starts the Server Manager.
The Server Manager main screen appears.
2. Enter 1 to control the service (Job service).
3. Start or stop the Job service.
○ Enter s to start the Job service.
○ Enter o to stop the Job service.
4. Enter q and then x to exit the Server Manager.